Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Who do I contact to arrange school transport?

A: School Transport is provided by West Sussex County Council.
You can contact them on – 01243 753530.

Alternatively visit the WSCC website by clicking here, where you will find criteria and how to apply.

Q: How do I apply for Free School Meals?

A: Families who receive certain benefits may be eligible for Free School Meals. Your child is eligible for Free School Meals if you’re in receipt of one of the following benefits:

  • Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7400.
  • Child Tax Credit (with no working tax credit) with an annual income of no more than £16190.
  • Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).
  • Income Support.
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance.
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
  • Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
  • The guarantee element of Pension Credit.
If you would like to apply for Free School Meals please apply on line at www.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals

Q: My child has an allergy, how do I notify the school kitchen?

A: West Sussex County Council Catering Service has in place a strict process and procedure to ensure the safeguarding of their customers with regards to medical special dietary requirements.

If your child has a medical condition that requires a special diet, you will need to complete the ‘Special Diet Provision-Request Form’ with necessary information required and supporting medical evidence. This will then need to be returned to the school office to be considered by the catering team.

Q: How do I pay for school meals?

A: School Meals are currently provided at a cost of £2.35 per meal with a whole week costing £11.75.

Payments can be made by bank transfer to the school account using your child’s name and ‘lunches’ as the reference. Payment can also be made by cash or cheque (made payable to QEII School) in a sealed envelope clearly marked with your child’s name and class.

Invoices will be generated at the end of each of half term, for the following half terms lunches.
This must be paid before the start of the new half term and if we do not receive payment by the start of the new half term, we will assume that you will be providing a packed lunch for your child.

Q: Where and how do I purchase school uniform?

A: We like all our pupils, aged 5 – 16 to wear school uniform. Guidance on this can be found under the Parent / Carers section on the website.

This does not apply to Beachcombers or Globetrotters.

All items of clothing should be clearly labelled with your child’s name to avoid being lost.

QEII School uniform is available to order from www.taylormadeuniforms.co.uk and can be collected from TaylorMade or delivered to school to be collected on a Friday.

Alternatively  our PTFA have second hand school uniform which is available to purchase. Please contact them via the QEII School Parents/Carers Facebook Group, which you can access by clicking here.


Q: We would like to book a family holiday, will this be authorised during term time?


A: Any requests for a holiday during term time will need to be applied for, before it is booked by completing a ‘Request for Holiday in School Time Form’. Your request will then be considered by the Head teacher.

Q: How do I contact my child’s class teacher to discuss any concerns or questions?

A: You will receive daily communications with your teacher about the day through the eSchools class homepage.  There is also the facility to send the class teacher a direct message that will be checked daily.  This is where you can ask any questions and discuss any concerns that you may have. 

If you would like to have a further discussion with your child’s teacher then please contact the school office on 01403 266215 where a message will be passed on for them to call you back when they are able to do so.

Q: How do I apply for a Post 16 Bursary?


A: The 16-19 Bursary Fund (Sixth Form Bursary) is available to those students who need financial support to continue with their post 16 education.

It is available to students who are part of a low household income family and also all young people in the nominated vulnerable groups.

Here is the link which provides further information https://www.gov.uk/1619-bursary-fund

If you require further assistance please contact Ally West, School Business Manager on 01403 266215.

Q: How can I obtain copies of consent forms?

A: All consent forms are available to be printed from the school website under the ‘Parents / Carers’ tab.

Alternatively you can request forms either by phone from the School Office or through your child’s E-school page.

Q: I would like to remove my consent for my child’s images to be used within publications, how do I do this?

A: The school will hold consent information on your child’s record while they remain a pupil at QEII School.

If at any time you wish to change your preferences, please complete a new ‘QEII School Consent Form’ and return to the school office.

Q: We have moved home or changed contact numbers, how do I inform the school of new details?

A: Please contact the school office on 01403 266215.