SEN Class Teacher needed, full-time, maternity cover. Start date June 2021.
The Queen Elizabeth II Silver Jubilee School is an outstanding special school which caters for just over one hundred pupils, with ages ranging from two to nineteen years. All the pupils have severe or profound and multiple learning difficulties. Some pupils also experience more complex needs, such as severe epilepsy or autism. The school has specialist status for performing arts and is committed to learning through this approach.
This is an opportunity for excellent, enthusiastic class teachers to join our ambitious and friendly school.
We can offer you:
• A school with high standards and expectations
• A happy caring school where you will be supported and valued by a hardworking team
• Support for your professional development
• Pupils who are happy and committed to their personalised learning programme
The successful candidates will be:
• An outstanding teacher with high expectations, experienced in teaching a wide range of special educational needs including pupils with profound and multiple learning difficulties.
• Committed to raising standards through a creative curriculum.
• Able to work collaboratively as a member of a team.
• Motivated, hardworking, flexible and well organised.
• Willing to contribute to the wider life of our school.
Applications are warmly invited from teachers with a range of experience. We encourage you to visit the school to find out more about us, we are happy to show you round outside of school hours with the current restrictions.
QEII School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to a full DBS and Health check. Agency applications not accepted.
Closing date for applications: noon on Friday 12th March 2021
Interviews: Tuesday 23rd March 2021